Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» RSRBR 2013 Vids
Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? Empty26/7/2013, 11:01 am by roversnut25

» Gaming rig
Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? Empty26/6/2013, 12:08 am by Andy

» Like a two wheeled Ken Block
Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? Empty1/4/2013, 10:23 am by Chris

» Malaysian GP.....
Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? Empty27/3/2013, 10:09 pm by Chris

» Remember Elite?
Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? Empty22/3/2013, 1:21 am by Admin

» Playstation 4
Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? Empty22/3/2013, 1:18 am by Admin

» Formula Trucks
Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? Empty20/3/2013, 7:51 am by Admin

» Rfactor 2 Builds
Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? Empty1/3/2013, 10:51 pm by Andy

» Do you own WRC2?
Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? Empty22/2/2013, 7:00 pm by Silly Boy Fish

» need help
Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? Empty22/2/2013, 7:34 am by IAmProjectAlice

» Just for Linz (GoW J)
Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? Empty10/2/2013, 10:06 pm by Linz

» Raceroom experience
Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? Empty3/2/2013, 7:39 am by Andy

» Euro truck sim 2
Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? Empty13/12/2012, 1:15 am by Andy

» Forza Motorsport Bondurant Challenge
Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? Empty29/11/2012, 11:46 pm by Andy

Medal Cabinet

Your medals to follow

Spread The Love!

PLS SUPPORT OUR CAUSE
Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? YouTubeLinkOld news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? TweetLink Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? XBLfinal
Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? FMNETLinkOld news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? Facebookcopy
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 151 on 17/9/2021, 11:36 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? Empty
PostSubject: Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns?   Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? Empty21/4/2012, 10:35 pm

Hi All

I was doing my usual in-depth research t'other day, paint schemes and as always often one thing leads to another quite by chance. Many new projects don't start life as cars themselves - but as paint schemes that grab my eye and then lead to another addition to the TTC family.

So to this clip, it's 2011 - Le Mans to be precise. There is a coming together as McNish overtakes a team mate, after the team mate makes an error. McNish then takes the racing line, and you'll see a car come onto that line and tag Allan.

I won't describe what happens, you'll see for yourself. I'll also add the interview with McNish which came the following day. But, desite all my feelings about the crash, what could have been, etc, etc. My lasting thoughts are now this. Feel free to comment, speculate, or just marvel of how Motorsport racing can turn nasty in a fraction of a second.

My thought was this, if the Ferrari had seen Allan McNish, and have stayed wide out of his way - and thus there would have been no accident at all. Where the devil would McNish have gone? He overtook on the inside of the other car, he was on the racing line. But his corner entry speed was like 90-100mph, he was absolutely on a mission. But look in front of his car and where it would have gone had he not been tagged and continued racing.

With 2 Porsche cars in a much slower Class on the same line, in the same bend, and doing like 40mph less than his car was, do you get the impression he'd have hit one had he not been taken out by the 458?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns?   Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns? Empty21/4/2012, 10:43 pm

The interview the following day. Liked the way he handled this, he carries an aweful lot of experience on his shoulders.

Old news, but an awesome vid that raises some qstns?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top